Re: garbace collection of point-markers

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: garbace collection of point-markers
Date: 31 Jan 2003 20:51:18 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Gro├čjohann) writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon <address@hidden> writes:
> > Note that in emacs, the reader does not
> > convert-case the symbols.  So (not (eq 'DONT-COPY-P 'dont-copy-p))
> It seems customary to refer to the args of a function by uppercase
> names.  Type C-h f kill-buffer RET for an example.

Exact.  But as a typographical distinction. Now that we have bolds and
italics and  fonts, perhaps they should  just be put in  bold and stay
low case.  When  you work with Common-Lisp in  addition to emacs lisp,
it's usefull to keep the distinction in mind.

There is a fault in reality. Do not adjust your minds. -- Salman Rushdie