Re: fixing coding character

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: fixing coding character
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:45:05 +0100

giglio robbò d'acciaio <dgiglio@iol.it> writes:

> Maybe I've messed up with the coding system of the file I'm working
> with, since I see many letters (accented ones + ¬) are preceded by
> the code \216.  Is there any fast way to delete all of them, than
> one by one. Off course the search+replace doesn't works.

Of course search+replace works.  Type C-q 2 1 6 RET to enter that
character.  Or use copy and paste to paste it into your
search/replace prompt.

You might be able to open the file in the emacs-mule coding system.
To do this, do C-x RET c emacs-mule RET, then immediately do C-x C-f
/path/to/file RET.