Changing "open file" buffer handling

From: Niclas Blomqvist
Subject: Changing "open file" buffer handling
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:15:28 +0100 (MET)

When I use C-x C-f to open a directory buffer and then use Enter key to
navigate through directories until I finally find the desired file, Emacs
leaves me with a buffer list containing every directory buffer I have
visited on the way. Is there a setting that can be changed so that walking
through directories updates the current buffer until I reach my file
instead of creating a new buffer for every new directory?

Thx
//Niclas Blomquist