Re: Select and scroll too fast

From: Remi Ricard
Subject: Re: Select and scroll too fast
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:09:46 -0500

David Kastrup wrote:
Hi,

papaDoc <papaDoc@videotron.ca> writes:

   I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move
   the mouse down to select
a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).

  I started to have this problem when I changed to a faster computer.

If I give a value to this command can I solve my problem ?
*scroll-up

You are aware that you need not drag the mouse to mouse-mark a region?

This is exactly what I'm doing. I start dragging (the speed is OK, then the speed increase to much
and I'm not able to stop it where I want.  ;-(

Click on the beginning with left mouse button, then scroll around with
scroll bars or whatever else in order to get at the other interesting
point and click with right mouse button there.

I don't want to use the scroll bar since this is to much movement for me. I just keep dragging
My mouse is and old 3 buttons mouse. (no scroll weel).

Another right click at the same spot will delete the region, if
that's what you want.

Of course, assuming a three button mouse...
Those are the best mouse around......

Remi