faces and fontsets

From: Pavel Hlavnicka
Subject: faces and fontsets
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:06:10 +0100

Hi all,

the documentation says, that the family field of the face may be a fontset name. It seems be right, but I have problem with international characters if I'm using faces with non default font family.

1) I create a fontset during the startup, which is then used for all frames. This fontset maps iso-8859-2 characters to an appropriate font.

2) Any custom faces derived from this by default used fontset works fine for international characters.

... but

the variable-pitch face overrides the family field. Any faced derived from variable-pitch (like info mode titles) displays international characters from the default (non variable) fontset.

If I call (set-face-font 'variable-pitch "xxx") with the fontset name, it works, but (face-font) returns the font string representation with registry and encoding of 'iso8859-2'. It could be the problem, i guess.

Has anybody some experience or hint for me?

Many thanks in advance

Pavel

--
Pavel Hlavnicka