Re: screen, emacs and umlauts

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: Re: screen, emacs and umlauts
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:47:17 +0100

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Daniel Jensen <daniel-news@bigwalter.net> writes:
>
>> CVS Emacs tries to set this automatically by looking at the
>> locale, I think.
>
> Emacs 21.2 also looks at the locale, I'm not aware of differences
> between 21.2 and the CVS version at the moment.

I don't know what the actual differences are, but I noticed that the
NEWS file mentions that Emacs uses the locale to change some
settings. I also noticed that the problems described by the OP
appeared in 21.2 but not in 21.3.

--
Daniel Jensen
* (format (concat "mailto:"; "%s@%s.%s") "daniel" "bigwalter" "net")