Re: "Favorites" menu ?

From: Charles Muller
Subject: Re: "Favorites" menu ?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:20:53 +0900 (JST)

Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to help.

> Basically, you
> should select "Edit Filesets" from the menu, click on "[INS]", define a
> name (which has to be unique), click on "Data [INS]", select a fileset
> type (probably "files" or "tree") and fill in the information.

This gets me part of the way there, in that I am able to open up both of
these [INS] functions and input data as you explain. But I tried to start
simply by adding one file like this:

INS DEL Fileset:
            Name: Temp Files Cleanup
            INS DEL Type: Value Menu Files:
                        Files:
                        INS DEL File: /home/chuck/bin/cleanups
                        INS
            INS

>Then
> click the set button and the fileset should be rebuilt the next time you
> activate the menubar.

When I push either of the Set buttons, I get this error.

setq: Symbol's function definition is void: lax-plist-put

> you could also use the
> command "filesets-add-buffer". Hope this helps -- at least a little bit.

I also tried "filesets-add-buffer"

Like this...

Add '.emacs' to fileset:

But it seems that I need to have a predefined fileset somewhere to do
this--right?

In any case, I am apparently still missing something. I don't want to be a
pain if you are busy, but if you can pinpoint the problem without a great
deal of difficulty, I'd love to be able to get this working. I waste an
awful lot of time digging up the same essential files again and again.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@gol.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787