Re: Can I scroll inline images horizontally?

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: Can I scroll inline images horizontally?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:26:53 -0700

At 8:49 PM +0200 4/13/03, Kai Großjohann wrote:
"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee.news@gmx.net> writes:

 Is there some way to tell EMACS that I want to scroll horizontally
 even if there aren't any long lines of text?

In a way, there is.  You have to implement the feature.  Many people
will be happy if you do.  (Displaying tall images also needs work.)

Perhaps this deserves more looking into.  I have buffers that contain
nothing but a jpeg image, and I can scroll them horizontally using
(scroll-left) and (scroll-right).

I insert an image into the current buffer using:
    (insert-image (create-image "rms.jpeg") (point))

I scroll them vertically using:
    (set-window-vscroll nil (+ (window-vscroll) .5))))
and
    (set-window-vscroll nil (- (window-vscroll) .5))))

--Greg