Re: AltGr on german keyboard not working in Xemacs 21.1/Solaris

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: AltGr on german keyboard not working in Xemacs 21.1/Solaris
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:56:08 +0200

andreas@spengler-netz.de (Andreas Spengler) writes:

> (although I am not aware of any changes I made ;-)) since a few days,
> my AltGr key (German keyboard) is not working anymore in Xemacs under
> Solaris.

This is the Emacs crowd here, to talk to the XEmacs folks you should
look round the corner, in comp.emacs.xemacs.

> I use this Solaris machine by sshing from a Linux laptop and noticed
> that in contrast to a friend's computer with the same configuration my
> xmodmap configuration shows no "Mode_switch" setting.
>
> However on the Linux machine itself xemacs works without a flaw...

Well, Mode_switch means that you can type <Mode_switch> <a> <">
(three key presses in succession) to get ä.  I think.  Is this what
you want?  Is this what happens?

Do you use XEmacs in tty mode on the Solaris box or do you use X11
redirection?
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)