Re: Controling modifications and cuting invisible ?

From: François Fleuret
Subject: Re: Controling modifications and cuting invisible ?
Date: 23 May 2003 13:23:04 +0200

Hi,

Kai Großjohann wrote on 22 May 2003 17:33:48 MET:

> suppress-keymap

>From what I observe, even after a suppress-keymap, many keys can still
modify the buffer (like ^j, ^d, TAB, etc.) From the documentation,
suppress-keymap removes all self-inserting keys. My problem is that I
want to remove *all* keys which can alter the buffer, while keeping
usual keys (of course) to switch buffer, move windows, etc.

It seems that what people usually do to control how the buffer cna be
altered (after a quick look at gnus, vm, rmail etc.) consists in
remaping all key one by one ...

Regards,

--
François Fleuret