Re: can't install elisp-manual-21.2.6

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: can't install elisp-manual-21.2.6
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:16:37 +0300

> From: Alexander Nikolov <alexander@ip217-30.mnet.bg>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 22 May 2003 14:32:54 +0000
>
> I downloaded elisp-manual-21-2.6.tar.gz and I tried to install it
> the standard way- first I installed the texinfo
> rpm(texinfo-4.2-5mdk.rpm) and then I executed
> -------------
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> ------------
> in the elisp-manual directory. The first two commands reported no
> error but 'make install' complains that
> ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/info
> make: ./mkinstalldirs: Command not found
> make: *** [install] Error 127
> What's wrong?

Does elisp-manual-21-2.6.tar.gz include mkinstalldirs in it?  If not,
it's a bug in the tarball.

Anyway, the latest version of the ELisp manual is 21-2.8, and I've
just verified that mkinstalldirs _is_ there.  So why not download the
latest version and use that instead of the old and possibly broken
one?