Re: how can let .emacs takes effect in Emacs?

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: how can let .emacs takes effect in Emacs?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:20:46 -0700

Xiong Guanglei <xgl99@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:

> I sometimes change .emacs and
> I wonder how to let Emacs immediate know that change.

M-x load-file <RET> .emacs <RET> is one way.
But depending on what is already loaded I guess it might cause
unexpected problems.  (although unlikely I'd say)

Maybe a more surefile way would be to evaluate only the region
containing the addition.

Set mark C-<SPC> at beginning of region containing change
set point at the end. (put the cursor there)
Then say M-x eval-region to read that code into emacs.