Re: Background colors in font-lock-keywords

From: Jesse Sheidlower
Subject: Re: Background colors in font-lock-keywords
Date: 28 May 2003 12:09:43 -0400

In article <5lllwscv9f.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>,
Stefan Monnier <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> wrote:
>>   ("&[a-zA-z]+;" . (0 my-entity-face t))
>                                      ^^
>This tells font-lock to override which ever face was there before.
>See C-h v font-lock-keywords RET.
>You want to use `append' or `prepend' instead.

Thanks to you and the other poster who pointed this out. I did
look this up, but in the Reference Manual, which discussed it
in more confusing terms, and my experiment with it didn't work.
It is much more clear in the regular doc string, which I should
have checked first, and it seems it was an error in my experiment
that kept it from working.

Jesse Sheidlower