Re: unexpected behavior of the dotemacs

From: Jean Daniel Browne
Subject: Re: unexpected behavior of the dotemacs
Date: 29 May 2003 06:32:05 -0700

> What exactly _does_ happen?  Do you get the default background color?
Yes, I get the default background color.

I wrote a small interactive function containing the command
   (set-background-color "DarkSlateGray")
And I execute it with a shortcut right after emacs is launched. And it
works (i.e. the background color is DarkSlateGray).

> If so, perhaps your color palette is depleted (closing other GUI
> applications, like Netscape, might help), or maybe DarkSlateGray is
> not in your rgb.txt.

I think it is, since the background is changed to that specific color
during half a second during the loading jsut before the background
switches back to white. Netscape is not running, there is only a shell
(which is unlikely to deplete my color palette).

> Does it work to use the "#RRGGBB" notation instead of "DarkSlateGray"?
> Does it work to say "DarkSlateGrey" (note the `e' instead of `a')?
I am gonna try.

Thank you,

JD