Re: Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Is there a mode that helps enforce coding guidelines?
Date: 29 May 2003 15:09:34 +0100

  Kai> Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

  >> There is also my own wide-column.el. It changes the colour of the
  >> cursor when the line gets too long. Cheesy eh?

  Kai> Cool.  So it only checks the current line, ie the line that
  Kai> point is on?  I hope I don't forget to mention your package
  Kai> next time.

Yeah, it works on the current line. Its a "fix this as you go" kind of
package. I use a red cursor, which goes orange, then yellow, then
white as your line gets more absurd in length. The code is quite
generic. You could get it to flash the screen, make a beep, or with
emacs's new sound facilities, get it to play "Ride of the Valkyries"
progressively louder if you wanted.

As you can guess it was very wet and miserable one weekend, and I seem
to remember having the flu as well....

Phil