Re: Is emacs helpful or necessary to gcc programming?

From: Ichimusai
Subject: Re: Is emacs helpful or necessary to gcc programming?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:23:54 +0200

Jimmerr <jimkkREMOVEME@umich.edu> writes:

> Thanks. I was referring to things such as being able to debug and
> compile from within emacs. Is this important? Do people who write c
> or c++ programs (especially for palm pilot with PRC tools) use or
> depend on emacs, and why?

I do.

The reason is that it is a very good editor, which leaves very little
to want from somewhere else. So far I have not stumbled upon anything
tricky that was not already solved or a few lines of eLisp could not
take care of.

--
AA #769 ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai AOL: Ichimusai1972 MSN: Ichimusai
IRC: Ichimusai#AmigaSWE@IRCnet URL: http://www.ichimusai.org/