Re: Elisp: Search a File Without Visiting?

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: Elisp: Search a File Without Visiting?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:13:28 +0100

taashlo AT sandia DOT gov wrote:
> I've written some elisp so that when I hit a key
> sequence (C-ct) a thesaurus lookup of the word
> [1]

this is not a direct answer to your question; but are you aware of the
aiksaurus project? [] which is a GPL'ed
command line and GUI frontend to the gutenberg thesaurus which you have
referenced (they distribute a much smaller binary data file with their
package). if you did not know of aiksaurus' existence, then maybe its
funtionality can aid your elisp.

i am not aware of any elisp wrapper to that program, but if you intent
to write one, i would most certainly be interrested in using it!! :-D