Re: commit problem with cvs mode

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: commit problem with cvs mode
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:04:24 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > in conjunction with setting it in ~/.emacs of course. my emacs is
> > spawned from within a blackbox menu, and it doesnt pick up shell
> > variables. thats probably what happened with Arnaud as well, because
> > cvs commits seemed to work from the command line.
> Please report such brain dead setups to whoever is responsible

the fault is mine in this case i am afraid and not debians... i hadn't
set my window manager to load under a --login shell. silly brain dead
me... however, having emacs set this variable is more important to me
than in the shell, since i only ever use cvs from within emacs and i
have logins on several machines, all with a syncronised ~/.emacs file,
but i dont bother syncronising my .profiles.