Re: Reference for using DDE in emacs.

From: Dr. F.C.Caner
Subject: Re: Reference for using DDE in emacs.
Date: 18 Jun 2003 23:42:27 -0700

You can use DDE commands to manipulate a DDE compliant application
from Emacs (if that is what you want). The key function here is
call-process-region. Here is an example, which closes all the
documents in Acrobat when executed from within Emacs. Hope this helps,

;;; von Jesper Harder:
 (defun acrobat-close-all-docs ()
   "Close all open documents in Acrobat."
     (set-buffer (get-buffer-create " *ddeclient*"))
     (insert "[CloseAllDocs()]")
     (call-process-region (point-min) (point-max)
  "ddeclient" t t nil "acroview" "control")
     (if (= 0 (string-to-int (buffer-string))) t nil)))