F10 question

From: Daniel Klein
Subject: F10 question
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:09:57 +0200

Hello all,

I am using emacs to work on tcl files on a remote server from which I forward
the display to mine. All this works perfectly and I'm pretty happy. But I
wanted to start using emacs on my own box as well, yet I had to find that
some things just don't work the way I'm used to them working from that other
box. For instance, the delete key should delete forward (as stated just a few
mails ago as well), and does so on that server, but on my box it functions
exactly like the backspace key and deletes backward. Much more importantly
tho, F10, which allows me access to the menus on that other server, as it
should, opens a minibuffer with 'eval' on my box. I've read through the docs
and couldn't find anything. Any help?

Daniel