Re: cvs emacs build fails on Windows XP

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: cvs emacs build fails on Windows XP
Date: 28 Jun 2003 13:34:57 +0100

Martin Stemplinger <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know if this is the right place to ask. If not, I apologize in
> advance and I would be glad to get a pointer to the correct place.

If you have problems with the CVS version, you should first check the
emacs-devel and emacs-pretest-bug mailing lists (archives are at and If your problem is
not already being talked about there, then report it using Emacs'
built in bug reporting capability. That will ensure the report goes
to the correct place.

> I had to manually change the line-endings (I guess this was due to
> fetching the source from cvs).

That is neccesary in the nt and leim/CXTERM subdirectories if you use
a DOS/Windows CVS client that changes the line-ends as it checks
out. Recent versions of WinCVS and any version of Cygwin CVS can work
in a mode where they do not change line-ends.