Re: X or console!

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: X or console!
Date: 02 Aug 2003 23:24:51 +1000

 >> What version of emacs is this functionality in? I've not noticed
 >> anything to set different faces for console and x in customize in
 >> emacs 21.3. Is this a new feature in 21.4 or the cvs tree?

 Stefan> % emacs-20.7 -q --no-site-file M-x customize-face RET italic
 Stefan> RET down-mouse-2 on [State] => select "Show all display
 Stefan> specs" down-mouse-2 on Display: => select "checklist" ...

Wow! That is really useful info. I guess its one of those things just
slipped past me. Its interesting that I've seen questions about how to
set different faces for X and tty in these newsgroups a number of
times of the last year or so since 21 came out, and this is the first
time I've seen this bit of info reported. I can now define different
faces for X and tty using customize and get rid of my bit of elisp
and clean everything up. Thanks Stefan.

Tim

P.S. I notice your example was with 20.7, but didn't font-locking on
ttys only come in with 21?

--
Tim Cross