Re: Problem with Emacs -> Windows -> printer

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Problem with Emacs -> Windows -> printer
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:07:35 +0200

Joe Fineman <jcf@TheWorld.com> writes:

> robert.thorpe@antenova.com (Rob Thorpe) writes:
>
>> Share the printer over the network (even if there isn't one).  Then
>> set Emacs to do >\\Computername\printername by customizing
>> printer-name.
>
> Thanks for trying, but I'm afraid I'm not in your league.  I suspect I
> am a longish lecture away from understanding either "share the
> printer"

I don't know how to do it in Windows (I've never really used it), but
I would go look for the printer icon in the control panel and then
right-click on it, hoping that the resulting context menu would
contain an entry that would share this printer.

> or "set Emacs to do".

M-x customize-variable RET printer-name RET

Follow the prompts.  Enter the given printer name, eg
//Computername/printername (note the forward slashes, I suggest to use
these instead of \ slashes).  Don't forget to save your changes (there
is a button near the top that saves your changes for future sessions).

--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.