multi-line mode-line

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: multi-line mode-line
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:30:59 +0200

Hi.

Is it possible to make the mode-line use more than one line? I have pretty much
minor modes active and use which-function-mode extensivly so the mode-line is
just to short for all the information.. It would be very nice if it could use
two lines to display all that. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks and please include my mail in answers as i do not read help-gnu-emacs
very often.

Stephan

--
Stephan Stahl