Re: how to flush lines that do NOT include characters 'FK'

From: lawrence mitchell
Subject: Re: how to flush lines that do NOT include characters 'FK'
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:11:17 +0100

Roland Reichenberg wrote:

> in my buffer, I want to flush all lines that do NOT contain the letters "FK"

[...]

> Any suggestions for a REGEXP?

> I have tried the following:
> M-x flush-lines [^FK]

Writing regexps for matching "not something" is generally quite
difficult, especially if "something" is more than a single
character.  Instead, I suggest you look to try and keep all
lines containing the letters "FK".  Thankfully such a function
already exists.  So you can do:

M-x keep-lines RET FK RET

and not have to worry about nasty regexps :)

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>