Re: "save place in file between sessions" broken ?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: "save place in file between sessions" broken ?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:21:43 +0100

KIRCHE Sébastien wrote:

> when i issue the command Options/Save place in file between sessions,
[...]
> I get the message "Symbol's value as variable is void: save-place"
[...]
> It's with Emacs 21.3.50.1 (clean CVS checkout from yesterday) on OS X
> I think it may not be a cvs problem (asked also emacs-devel -- no answer),
> as i saw no-one modifying something concerning that.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

You are being too impatient. :)

It's a menu-bar bug, m'kay?
Give someone on emacs-devel more than a handful of hours to respond
and it might even get fixed...

You can get the same effect with:

(require 'saveplace)
(setq-default save-place t)

if that's what you are concerned about.

M-x report-emacs-bug is the correct way to report bugs.