Re: (Emacs+CVS) vc-toggle-read-only (cvs checkin) question

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: (Emacs+CVS) vc-toggle-read-only (cvs checkin) question
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:41:41 -0600

Christian Seberino wrote:

vc-toggle-read-only lets me checkin changes to CVS from Emacs.

When I have completed the log entry I must type "C-cc" to
finish the job.

I think you mean `C-c C-c'.

*Is it possible to change C-cc to something else just when
 I am in the middle of this command??*

No, because you are not in the middle of any command.
vc-toggle-read-only sets up the *VC-log* buffer and returns.  In that
buffer, which is in vc-log-mode, `C-c C-c' is bound to
vc-finish-logentry.  You can switch to other buffers and execute

arbitrary editing commands before returning to the *VC-log* buffer
and finishing your entry (if ever).

In fundamental-mode, `C-c C-c' is unbound, in other modes it may be
bound to some command other than vc-finish-logentry.

What problem are you trying to solve?

--
Kevin Rodgers