Re: ignore CVS directories with tab complete

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: ignore CVS directories with tab complete
Date: 18 Aug 2003 15:37:14 +0100

  Johan> address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

  >> Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:
  >>> My Emacs does not have this paragraph in. I am running on
  >>>, which is relatively recent though.
  >> Ah.  I just looked, it's not in 21.3, either.  So it's just in
  >> the CVS version of Emacs.
  >> Oh, well.  Not sure what to do now.

  Johan> Strange. Emacs 21.2. The docstring does indeed not mention
  Johan> directories, but "CVS/" is in the list, and it *does* work
  Johan> here.

I've tried it with emacs -q, and it definitely does not work for me.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing....

1) C-xC-f to open a file

2) Move to a directory containing two sub-dirs, one of which is CVS/

3) Hit "tab".

4) I get *Completions* with "CVS/" offered as one of the options. What
   I want is for it to ignore CVS, and offer me the other directory.

Is this what you have?