Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:04:59 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20 2003, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> ,----[ 5.8.8 ]
> | (alist (gnus-netrc-machine list (or nnimap-server-address
> |                                     server nnimap-address)
> |                        port "imap"))
> `----

This is from 5.8.8:

(alist (gnus-netrc-machine list (or nnimap-server-address
                                    nnimap-address server)
                           port "imap"))

> It's possible that I could have changed it at some point; I really
> don't remember.

It seems so.

BTW: I'd recommend not to change the Gnus (or Emacs) files directly.
If really necessary, put changes, e.g. here the defun of
`nnimap-open-connection' in your own Lisp file, say my-nnimap.el, and
load it in this way:
(eval-after-load "nnimap" '(load "my-nnimap"))

It's nearly impossible to locate problems, if you (unwittingly) run
your home-brewed version of Emacs.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,