Re: calendar functions

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: Re: calendar functions
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:41:18 +0200

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:13:44AM +0200, Jesper Harder wrote:
> Raimund Kohl-Füchsle <ray@nabuli.de> writes:

> >> I seem to remember that SuSE has modified Emacs to look for .emacs in
> >> a non-standard location (or name).  Where did you put your .emacs file
> >> under Debian -- in "~/.emacs"?
> >
> > Yep. Also, according to a book I recently bought, I created a
> > directory ~/emacs and within that directory I have several files that
> > are loaded by .emacs, eg. init.el, which contains the mentioned
> > setq's.  At least with AucTeX, which also is called with
> > ~/emacs/init.el, it works fine.  Just the calender issue seems to not
> > want to :-(
>
> Hmm, I don't think a vanilla Gnu Emacs built from the sources loads
> '~/emacs/init.el'.

Oh, I may have been unclear here, sorry.  I HAVE an init file
".emacs".  In .emacs I have set:

(setq load-path (cons "/home/ray/emacs-lisp" load-path))
(load "init")

and this way "emacs-lisp/init.el" is loaded.

Anyway, I changed that according to your suggestion and put all those
settings relating with calendar into .emacs; thus it's now:

--------------
(server-start)
(setq load-path (cons "/home/ray/emacs-lisp" load-path))

(load "init")
(load "emacs-wiki")

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(auto-compression-mode t nil (jka-compr))
 '(case-fold-search t)
 '(current-language-environment "German")
 '(default-input-method "german-postfix")
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
 '(show-paren-mode t nil (paren))
 '(uniquify-buffer-name-style (quote forward) nil (uniquify)))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 )

;;(calendar)
;;
(setq calender-latitude +49.27)
     (setq calender-longitude +8.21)
     (setq calender-location-name "Mutterstadt, LU")
(setq calender-week-start-day 1)
(setq mark-diary-entries-in-calender t)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t)
(setq diary-list-include-blanks t)
(diary)
(display-time)
     (add-hook 'diary-hook 'appt-make-list)
(setq cal-tex-diary nil)
;;
;;

... but that one doesn't work either :-(

thank you anyway :-)

ray