Re: regexp NOT matching an extension

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: regexp NOT matching an extension
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:03:24 +0200

"Leo" <address@hidden> writes:

> hi there
> in dired-omit-files i need a regexp matching all files without the extension
> '.pem'.
> i tried
>     [^.][^p][^e][^m]$
> but it doesn't work. however a one-char-negation like
>     [^m]$
> works.
> any idea?
> thanks, leo

[as an aside note to a recent related thread: I think this is still
not what Perl users would expect according to
<address@hidden>, since it
simply matches any four character sequence not identical to
".pem". However, I start to wonder whether x\\(!:top\\)y is actually
still a _regular_ and not rather a _context free_ expression.]

30 Fructidor an 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!