Re: close buffer with keystroke?

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: close buffer with keystroke?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:08:41 +0200

marcuirl <marcuirl@imap.no2this.cc> writes:

> Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:
>
>>> Hmm.  It's supposed to be quote marks, hopefully it appeared as such!
>>> I'm using pan as my newsreader for the first time tonight, so it might
>>> have got that wrong.
>>
>> Oh ok.  I just asked because many programing languages and other things
>> attach special functions and commands to the ` key -- so I didn't know
>> if you were doing something bizarre.  :-D
>
> Theres been a  whole discussion on some other newsgroup as to why *nix
> people like `blahblahblah' and not  'blahblahblah' or  "blahblahblah"
>
> Its personal I guess!
[...]

I don't know about other POSIX or non-POSIX programs. But in an Emacs
context ` and ' are used by convention when referring to symbols.

[Personally I detest it, but I don't have to like a convention in
order to follow it.]

    Oliver
--
Jour du Génie de l'Année 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!