Re: Open All FIles in a Directory: How can I tell emacs to do this?

From: Dan Anderson
Subject: Re: Open All FIles in a Directory: How can I tell emacs to do this?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:23:27 -0400

> doesn't 'emacs *' work?

Perhaps I should be more specific.  If I ran:

$emacs ./*

It would open up all files in the directory, but this would include
backup files (i.e. beginning with a # and ending with a # or ~).

Is it possible to tell emacs to ignore those files?

I was thinking of something like:

$emacs ./*.php

If for example I wanted to access all PHP scripts in a directory.  But
then if there were any HTML pages they wouldn't be displayed.  Plus this
involves exiting and restarting emacs.  I was hoping there would be a
more elegant solution.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Anderson