Re: Tramp Autocompletion of hostname,user (and password)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tramp Autocompletion of hostname,user (and password)
Date: 24 Sep 2003 08:32:02 +0200

> From: "Søren \"Pengman\" Pedersen" <pengman@pengworld.zzn.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:39:09 +0200
>
> Due to some miracle (I dont know what happened) I can now connect with
> tramp from windows (with plink). My question is now: Can I make a file (like
> .netrc for ange-ftp) where I can store hostname and my credentials so I
> dont have to type them everytime?

One way is to define a session in the PuTTY Configuration dialog (the
one that pops up when you click on the PuTTY icon on your desktop)
for each machine you intend to connect to via Tramp.  Be sure to
put your login name into the "Auto-Login username" field (under
"Connection"), to avoid plink's prompt for username.