gnus setup

From: Roger Mason
Subject: gnus setup
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:51:47 -0230 (NDDT)

Hello,

I am in the process of switching to gnus (5.9.0, in emacs 21.1 on linux)
from Pine.  I followed the instructions in the info, but I am unable to
get mail into gnus.  I have this in my .gnus:

(setq mail-sources '((file :path "/var/spool/mail/rmason"))) ;where to get
mail
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "minnie.esd.mun.ca") ;mail server
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "private")))

FWIW, "minnie" is the local host.

On starting gnus the mail is indeed moved to ~/Mail/mail/misc but no group
mail.misc appears in the group buffer, so I cannot read it.

Thanks for any help.

Roger Mason