Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:45:13 -0500

Don't type like a monkey.

Mode_switch u  -- Right
Mode_switch o  -- Left
Mode_switch e  -- Down
Mode_switch .  -- Up

The QWERTY equivalent would be semiacceptable, but you'd still be left
with the residual psychic confusion brought about by mixing vowels and
consonants.  Never mix, never worry!

You can put something symmetrical into the right hand if you
want _serious_ navigatial overkill.

Joe

PS.  Might I also suggest

Mode_switch ,  -- BackSpace
Mode_switch p  -- Delete

Also, get/rebind a keyboard so you don't need to "reach" for the
modifiers.  Save your pinkies! Who knows when you might need them.

The results of my forays into keyboard config are available at

www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/d/typing%20math/

Which reminds me, one more recent one to post...