Re: coninuation-indent for java?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: coninuation-indent for java?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:41:55 +0000

Paul Sorenson <aardvark62@msn.com> wrote on Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:59:18
-0600:
> Greetings,

and to you too, Sir!

> Is there a way to set something like fortran-continuation-indent for
> java?  In other words, is there a configuration like
> "java-continuation-indent"?  When I apropos "continuation", it only
> lists idlwave-continuation-indent.  Idlwave is a special mode that I
> use, but I was hoping to find the same continuation-indent feature for
> java.

I'm not actually familiar with a Fortran Mode or Idlwave on Emacs, but in
Java Mode the answer to your question (assuming it's not 42 :-) is almost
certainly yes.  What exactly do you want to do?

Could you possibly post a few lines of java, showing exactly what you'd
like to happen, and what actually happens at the moment?  It might be
helpful if you could get an analysis of the pertinent line by typing C-c
C-s and then post it here.

> FWIW, I am running Gnu Emacs on Windows XP.

Which version of Emacs  (M-x emacs-version)?
Which version of CC Mode (M-x c-version)?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter