Re: HTML Helper

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: HTML Helper
Date: 13 Nov 2003 18:02:13 -0600

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Tim McNamara wrote:
>
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:
>
> >>load-path should include a list of _directories_, not file names.
> >>So you should add to it the directory where html-helper-mode.el
> >>(and hopefully also html-helper-mode.elc) lives, not the file name
> >>itself.
>
> > Ah!  The instructions I had (in "Learning GNU Emacs" by Cameron,
> > Rosenblatt & Raymond) seemed to indicate otherwise.  I'll give
> > this a try.  Thanks!
>
> Why would you consult that outdated, non-free publication before
> typing
>
> `C-h v load-path'?

Obviously lacking sophistication with using Emacs and especially the
built-in documentation.  For whatever reason, I find it easier to read
that sort of stuff from paper than from the screen.  But then in
general I much prefer reading books to reading computer screens- but
there are some things that can't be done via books!

And thanks for the advice, html-helper-mode is working.