Re: LaTeX-mode menu

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: LaTeX-mode menu
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:55:17 +0100

Yehudah Rubinsky wrote:
Think I found the difference. If I load emacs from a DOS window, tex is the major mode for .tex files. If I load it from a Cygwin bash window, auctex is the major mode. I'm not sure but, now that I know, I'm not sure I care *8=>).

Can it be that the value of the %HOME% environment variable in the dos window differs from the value of the $HOME environment variable in the cygwin bash window? If so, then you have two separate .emacs files with different entries.

If you really want to contact me, then replace the "I see you" text by its three letter accronym, ICU.

Fabricate Diem PVNC, Motto of the Night Watch -- Terry Pratchett