Re: how to stop saving these files

From: Lowell Kirsh
Subject: Re: how to stop saving these files
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:13:50 -0800

Thanks, but I still can't figure out exactly what to change...

address@hidden wrote:
Lowell Kirsh wrote:

emacs has been saving backup files in the same directory as the files
that I edit. The backup files have names like How
can I either
a) stop emacs from creating theses backups at all?
b) tell emacs to save them all in one place?

a) On the menu bar click: Options > Customize Emacs > Top-Level Customization Group > Files > Backup group

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.