Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?

From: Dan Anderson
Subject: Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:23:23 GMT

Artur Hefczyc <DONTkobit@SPAMplusnet.MEpl> writes:
> I use nnmaildir and I am satisfied with it. Here is my nnmaildir
> configuration:
> (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>              '(nnmaildir ""
>                          (directory "/home/kobit/Mail")
>                          (get-new-mail t)
>                          (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)))
>
> I think the most important parameter for maildir back end is 'directory'.

        Thanks  for your  help so  far, but  when I  tried  using your
configuration I got told that Gnus couldn't open my dir when I cut and
pasted  your code  and changed  the directory.   I'm curious,  are you
having  fetchmail  grab  your  mail  for  you  and  spooling  it  into
/home/kobit/mail, or are  you having Gnus fetch it?  Is  there a way I
can tell Gnus that I'm creating a directory and I want to format it as
nnmail?

Many thanks,

Dan