Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: How get Microsoft Office style FOLDER TABS in Emacs?
Date: 26 Nov 2003 14:38:27 -0600

On 26 Nov 2003, seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:

> I like M$ Office's idea of having NAMES of files visible at
> bottom of window like a folder tab.  If you want to switch
> buffers you just have to mouse click on file name desired.
>
> Is it possible to do something like this in Emacs?

Its a bit too cumbersome to have this happen with Emacs, because
Emacs allows one to open up as many files as one could want.
There isn't a scalability issue that one finds with Window's view
of how things operate.  One thing I used to use, when I was
looking for that type of functionality though, was

        Ctrl-LeftClick, or to be more emacs precise,
        C-down-mouse-1

--
Galen Boyer