Carbon frame dimensions

From: Matthew Calhoun
Subject: Carbon frame dimensions
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:15:03 -0800

Hello,

I'm using Carbon Emacs 21.3.50.1. I have the lines

(setq default-frame-alist '((width . 148)
        (height . 54)))
(setq initial-frame-alist '((top . 10)
        (left . 230)))

in my .emacs, which make a nice big Emacs frame on the right side of the screen... eventually. As Emacs starts up, the frame appears first on the left side of the screen, then it shrinks a little, then it shrinks some more, then it finally goes to the position and dimensions I specified. What I would like to know is where those other position/dimensions are specified, and whether I can change them. I'm trying to eliminate all of that jumping around of the frame.

Thanks for any help,
Matt