Re: Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:15:48 +0000

Dan Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> I.e. is there a way to link the "Internet" button to W3, the "Search"
> button to find, or perhaps bind them and similar to macros/scripts of my
> choice?

First of all, it might be interesting to see what C-h l says after
hitting one of them.  Maybe they are function keys that you can just

Another possibility is that they don't have keysyms.  Then you can
assign one with

    xmodmap -e 'add keycode 4711 = F38'

Instead of F38, you can use other function keys.  You can use the xev
program to find out the keycodes.