[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problem with UTF-8

From: Konstantinos Efstathiou
Subject: Re: Problem with UTF-8
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:14:36 +0100

Oliver Scholz writes:

I see. It is a font problem. You need to create a fontset in order to
solve it. Look for an appropriate ISO 10646-1 font and set Emacs up to
use it for the charset mule-unicode-0100-24ff.
It's just a
font issue that you don't see the right glyphs for those characters.

I appreciate the reply and the detailed explanation. Unfortunately, running the Carbon version of Emacs under Mac OS X does not help. The problem is that for some reason Emacs/Carbon can not see any iso10646-1 fonts. Although I have fixed width fonts like 'andale mono' which support WGL4 and which I have used before under Linux with encoding iso10646-1, Emacs says that they are available only with encoding mac-roman. Also the etl-* fonts which are the GNU intlfonts converted for use with Macs do not have the iso10646-1 encoding (but at least they have the iso8859-7 encoding). So basically I do not know how to proceed from here using the Carbon Emacs. In principle I can run the X11 version of Emacs but I prefer the Carbon version for many reasons.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]