Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with pe

From: Dan Anderson
Subject: Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:36:27 GMT

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se> writes:
>
> > seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:
> >
> >> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
> >>
> >> Some files that start with period are missing.
> >
> > That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
> > are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.
>
> Is there a SpeedBar equivalent of ls -a?

        If  I   remember  correctly,   if  you  browse   the  speedbar
customization  buffer there's a  regular expression  you can  edit for
files  to hide.  So  you could  have it  show everything,  nothing, or
ignore  files which  aren't  in programming  language  ____ if  you're
working on them.  I suppose if  you knew enough LISP you could do some
pretty spiffy things.

-Dan