dired-nstd?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: dired-nstd?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:00:04 +0000

In the Emacs 18 days, I used to have dired-nstd which could display
subdirs "inline", so to speak.

Now, hitting `i' on a directory in dired will append that directory
near the bottom of the buffer.  With dired-nstd, the subdir would
appear directly under the subdir name, slightly indented.

Maybe these days there are packages other than dired that can do what
I want?  For instance, I think speedbar arranges dirs and subdirs in
the manner I like, but speedbar wasn't made for copying and renaming
files.

Kai