Re: emacs documentation for (La)TeX

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: emacs documentation for (La)TeX
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:28:50 -0700

Joe Corneli wrote:

I'll give the tags apparatus a serious scrutiny.  But my thought here
is that it would be nice indeed to make TeX an "emacs native"
language, on par, in some sense, with Elisp.  I am solicitous of any
feedback on this idea.

I don't see why a markup language, or any programming language, ought

to "be on a par" with Emacs Lisp within Emacs itself.  But if you pursue
this idea, you might want to consider interning all the TeX symbols in
their own obarray.

Kevin Rodgers