Re: fringe - how to use?

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: fringe - how to use?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:47:40 -0500

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004, Jesper Harder wrote:

> "Joe Casadonte" <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would like to display a mark in the fringe on certain lines, much
>> like the current article marker in Gnus.  Only I'd like to have
>> multiple marks per buffer.
> Does <info://elisp/Display+Margins> help?

Not really, but thanks for the tip.  I want to use the fringe, not
create a new margin area.  Basically, I want to do something like what
overlay-arrow-position does, but I want multiple ones.  Like having
the continuation arrows (in the fringe) when truncate-lines is true.

Basically, I want to know if I can, through lisp only, change what's
in the fringe.

Thanks again for trying!

Joe Casadonte

         Llama Fresh Farms =>