Re: startup resize

From: leo
Subject: Re: startup resize
Date: 14 Jan 2004 22:36:14 +1100

Giannandrea Castaldi <g.castal@tiscali.it> writes:

> I've changed my font in .emacs and now when emacs starts it:
> 1. start with default font
> 2. maximize the frame
> 3. change the font (for my settings in .emacs)
> How can I remove the step 2 (maximize the frame) or postpone it after
> my font setting?

what do you want to achive? that emacs has the correct font straight
away?

well under X11 you can use the x-resource to set the font correct right
from the start. but don't forget the lisp var settings: i think, emacs
needs them as well.

i guess the emacs faq has something exactly about your problem.

hope that helps

leo